Below is the general restoration work I've carried out on FAB. If you wish to visit a specific part of the restoration, please click on the links above.
Eric started work in the 70s on the engine overall by having it rebored but it wasn't rebuilt until the 90's by Ken Newbold's garage at Aston on Trent.
Waiting as the years roll by
Eileen sending FAB for body restoration work
New A post to be fitted
New body panels made and fitted
Eileen inspecting the progress.
Unfortunately the restoration work stopped and this is as far as the restoration progressed when FAB was with Eileen.
SOLD AS SEEN.
The car was offered for sale in the Riley club magazine and Purchased on the 5th November 2005 by Roger Bailey and moved to Morley barn farm Gotham for the continuation of the restoration work.
November sunshine greets FAB to her new home at Morley barn farm Gotham.
The Clock does not work
That looks like a hard job! I think I will leave it until last!
Inside the Barn
That has saved me a big job
Just like new
That has saved me a big job
That Fiberglass roof and what do I do with it...
That will need welding
That will do
More welding and new body packers needed
Its very interesting getting the new body packers correct
The bottom of the B post was given a beefing up
The suspension needed numerous new parts and the bearings replaced
The steering rack had seen better days and received a re-build with new parts.
The rear axel bearings were replaced I found the N/S hub was lose on the halfshaft this needed an engineering workshop to check the shaft and fix the hub to the shaft .
Father's help. New battery and starter cables starter direct earth from starter to battery was fitted and changed over to negative earth.
Checking and adjusting body panels before paint.
The re- built suspension
The wing support needed moving
The wing is a problem and needed adjuting
Adjustments are needed to make it fit correctly
After sandblasting ready for paint
Wheels are painted at the barn ready for new tyres.
First time the engine was started it got very hot very quickly and blew a pipe of and I was soaked. Whoops.
This was my first drive down the farm drive.
(Although the back of the car still remained organised like jumble-sale!)
Off to the paint shop. The A frame was used as it was only just down the road so we took a chance.
The paint job was fitted in between other work so we needed be ready get in and out quickly.
Father inspects the paint work
Driving it out. "Careful you don't scratch it!"
Back in the barn
The MOT is booked for next week
Checking and adjusting the brakes. The MOT is less than an hour away.
The paint is dull from the polish to protect the soft paint
Ready to set of to the garage for the MOT
It passed the MOT okay.
The flashing indicators
Indicator conversion fitted to the side lamp and hazard warning lights switch fitted